Monday, August 13, 2012

KHOU 11 weather team shake up


I found out last week there are some big changes coming to the KHOU 11 weather team just in time for the height of hurricane season.

Chita Johnson moves from the noon and 4pm shows to the mornings (still will do noon).
David Paul moves from mornings to the 4 and 5 pm shows.
Gene Norman gives the 5pm to Paul and will handle the 6 and 10pm shows.
Mario Gomez will still handle the weekend shows.

Out of the changed schedules, David Paul has been in the affected shift the longest. According to his bio, Paul has been at the Houston Belo station since 1996. Gene Norman joined KHOU in 2008. Chita Johnson came to Houston in 2011.

Now I am no forecaster obviously (there is no degree from Mississippi State University on my wall), but I always figured Chita Johnson would end up on a morning show either at KHOU or somewhere else. Her bubbly personality fits perfectly with mornings.

A KHOU 11 spokesperson told me the new weather schedules go in effect September 3rd.

RELATED
- VIDEO: KHOU 11's Chita Johnson dances with the Houston Texans cheerleaders
- PICS: KHOU 11's Chita Johnson with Texans cheerleaders
- Chita Johnson dressed as Barbie like doll
- The secret past of KHOU's Gene Norman and Cecilia Sinclair
- KHOU 11 The Norman Number from Chief Meteorologist Gene Norman

14 comments:

  1. Love the promo! Great job! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "BUBBLY PERSONALITY".....good one Mike! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gene Norman tweeted this late last week. It was up for a few hours, then he deleted it and made a post about his account being hacked. Smelled funny at the time, guess the 'hacker' knew what he was talking about.
    I don't like Chita, btw. Seems to be mostly eye candy. I respected KHOU for having good weather guys, but now I guess they're going for glam over substance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quit watching morning weather on T.V. I only watched if for David's informative weather delivery. Chita is there for looks, not for substance. I had a weather radio during Hurricane Ike and thanks to David's information, got through 9 days w/o electricity. I don't know what Channel 11 is thinking!

      Delete
  4. David Paul needed to be on evenings years ago. He's my favorite weatherman in town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. David Paul has been doing that shift for a really long time so maybe they just figured he deserved a break?

    This may affect his soccer coaching duties though. He won't be off in the afternoons any longer :)

    I do think KHOU has the best weather team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please tell me that Ron Trevino is on vacation. His return is the only reason I watch them in the morning. I use to follow KPRC. I just like Ron so much in the morning. He is awesome and so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron is on vacation and just arrived back to Houston.

      Delete
  7. Give David Paul a break? Please. This move comes as a result of the morning show still being behind all the others. Belo doesn't give people a break. All that matters to them are ratings. And since the morning show still sucks, it's time to make a change.

    David Paul is the only reason I occasionally watch 11 in the mornings. I want to get my weather from someone I trust. Not Barbie. Channel 11 is becoming more like Ch 2 everyday. Watch out Ron. You're too old to being hanging with the babes Belo wants to showcase in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you think that this is possible competition with KPRC's Jennifer Reyna, KTRK's Casey Curry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reyna doesn't belong in any serious conversation, and Curry is far ahead of others in terms of skill and professionalism.

      Delete
  9. I think David Paul is great compared to Reyna and Curry. I hope this helps David Paul's long term career in TV. Lilly JIng just doesn't click with me. With the remote controll, viewers have no loyalites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do know Reyna does traffic?

      Delete
  10. Gene recently uploaded his resume tape to YouTube, complete with personal email and phone number. That's never a good sign.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv_m4LsfvX0

    ReplyDelete

AD