I found out last week there are some big changes coming to the KHOU 11 weather team just in time for the height of hurricane season.
Chita Johnson moves from the noon and 4pm shows to the mornings (still will do noon).
David Paul moves from mornings to the 4 and 5 pm shows.
Gene Norman gives the 5pm to Paul and will handle the 6 and 10pm shows.
Mario Gomez will still handle the weekend shows.
Out of the changed schedules, David Paul has been in the affected shift the longest. According to his bio, Paul has been at the Houston Belo station since 1996. Gene Norman joined KHOU in 2008. Chita Johnson came to Houston in 2011.
Now I am no forecaster obviously (there is no degree from Mississippi State University on my wall), but I always figured Chita Johnson would end up on a morning show either at KHOU or somewhere else. Her bubbly personality fits perfectly with mornings.
A KHOU 11 spokesperson told me the new weather schedules go in effect September 3rd.
- VIDEO: KHOU 11's Chita Johnson dances with the Houston Texans cheerleaders
- PICS: KHOU 11's Chita Johnson with Texans cheerleaders
- Chita Johnson dressed as Barbie like doll
- The secret past of KHOU's Gene Norman and Cecilia Sinclair
- KHOU 11 The Norman Number from Chief Meteorologist Gene Norman