Wednesday, May 23, 2012

KTRK 13's Dave Ward: "They’ll probably carry me out of here feet first"

UPDATE NOVEMBER 10, 2014
Dave Ward to step down from KTRK ABC13's 10pm news
Dave Ward to start 2015 with reduced workload

Legendary KTRK 13 anchor Dave Ward got a nice profile by TVNewsCheck's Rich Mates. There is even a surprise appearance by your's truly!

One of the standout parts of the piece is how Ward says he wants to leave the Houston ABC owned station:

Ward is in the middle of a three-year contract. Following Zindler’s example, Ward expects to exit KTRK only when he exits — permanently.

“They’ll probably carry me out of here feet first,” he says. “KTRK-TV is like my home, I’ve been here so long. I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t come into work every day. I still feel like I contribute to the newscast and they seem to want me here.

"As long as they want me to stick around, I probably will.” READ THE REST

UPDATE NOVEMBER 10, 2014
Dave Ward to step down from KTRK ABC13's 10pm news
Dave Ward to start 2015 with reduced workload

RELATED
- KTRK 13's Dave Ward falls, will be off news desk
- PICS: KTRK 13 anchor Dave Ward's 45 year party
- Dave Ward hits 45 years at KTRK 13, wanting more
- VIDEO: KTRK 13 anchor Dave Ward's movie performance
- Dave Ward hits 40 years on the air


5 comments:

  1. Would you believe that Dave Ward just celebrated his 74th birthday? 74 freakin' years old. Almost three quarters of a century. It's hard to believe because he doesn't look a day over 55.

    I guess it's the makeup and TV lights, plus some tinkering with the focus in the camera he's facing.

    Whatever, I hope I can look that good when I hit 74. Hell I wish I could look that good NOW.

    Oh well. To paraphrase what that lady in the restaurant said in When Harry Met Sally, reacting to Meg Ryan faking an orgasm, "I want what he's having."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How the hell does Dave Ward remind you of Meg Ryan faking an orgasm? By the way that lady was Rob Reiner's mother in real life.

      Delete
  2. Where did I say Ward reminds me of Meg Ryan faking an orgasm? Read it again. I was referring to the old lady on the next table and what she said in that scene. Sheesh. If you have to draw a picture....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Dave Ward...He is a Houston ICON! A very trusted source. We all grew up watching him and Marvin and I am 48 years old. Dave and Laura make a beautiful couple. If he is reading this Happy Birthday Dave and may GOD grant you many more. This family that lives and grew up and the Heights love you and appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need for clarification, I've had the Big "O" while watching him too.

    ReplyDelete