Wednesday, February 01, 2012

McGuff out, '70s Dominique Sachse in

After writing this blog for almost seven years, I am going to take a little break.

But plenty of posts will still be coming. So stay tuned.

In the meantime, make sure to friend me on TwitterFacebook, Facebook page, Google+ or Tumblr for more media news when I start rolling again.

And just because I get such a spike in readership every time she is mentioned, here is KPRC 2 anchor Dominique Sachse (without fiance and businessman Nick Florescu this time) going back to the 70s.

Copyright © 2012 Michelle Watson. All rights reserved.

See more of the Sachse photo session.

Culturemap says the reason Sachse went back in time was to help promote Lester and Sue Smith's Feb. 4 benefit for Texas Children's Cancer Center.

- KPRC 2's Dominique Sachse and Nick Florescu's new wedding plans
- KPRC 2's Dominique Sachse gets engaged in Rome
- KPRC 2 anchors use tablet for scripts on air


  1. Mike,
    I have really enjoyed reading your blog on a regular basis. Thank you for everything you've done.

  2. Say it ain't so. We love reading your site. You are the best!

  3. Thank you both. And I'm a Culturemap fan too.

  4. Enjoy your hiatus! I do love to get the inside scoop on the Houston TV/Radio Media scene!

  5. Please define "take a little break".

  6. I couldn't agree more with the others, Mike. Your column is a must-read for me. I enjoy getting your inside scoop -- you're always in-the-know. I wish you the best on your blog sabbatical and look forward to your return online.

  7. Evil Jim Rome Says:2/10/2012 03:51:00 PM

    Blech! More McGuff and less Sachse is always a good thing.

  8. 2+ weeks after her wedding plans are shown on this web page, and the story is on, the same exact story then appears in the print edition over the past weekend? How narcissistic of her...and lazy of the Chronicle.