Sunday, March 20, 2011

NewsFix debuts on KIAH 39; McGuff talks about it on Talk650 AM Monday

People have been sending their comments to me (public/private) about NewsFix on KIAH 39. It debuted Saturday night at 5 and 9pm.

Here is my original post in July 2010 talking about it's big announcement. Lots of things happened since that original post. People left 39, people were hired and for me personally, I was hired as a freelance reporter for KIAH 39 to hold down the news fort until NewsFix's arrival.

Well NewsFix is here and I'm gone from channel 39. Since I am no longer a Tribune employee, I am free to return to my blogging roots and talk about NewsFix.

In fact, I will be talking about the NewsFix revolution on the Talk650 KIKK-AM Morning Show at the lovely CBS Houston studios Monday morning at 9:30am. Brent Clanton and Steven Kay have been kind enough to bring me on...so make sure to listen!

The last time I was on Talk650 was on Cleverley Stone's show to discuss my new reporting gig at KIAH 39 in September. How fitting!

3 comments:

  1. Newsfix is news that's broke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newsfix is to news what TMZ is to entertainment. That's NOT a compliment. Newsfix is annoying, completely inaccurate and bias. Since when does a news story require a sarcastic announcer yelling his opinionated slant on the story? Aside from the annoying announcers, the pop music segues and biased 'reporting', I take particular umbrage with a daily segment called Bullet Points. This insane segment actually features a militant gun shop owner advocating and promoting all forms of guns for personal use, featuring a different type of weapon in each segment (on prime time news?!). I want a news show that's professional reporting of real news, not a comedy show put together by drunken frat boys. To summarize in a language the pinheads of Newsfix may understand; NEWSFIX SUCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Newsfix is the lowest form of journalism on a budget slightly bigger than that of a community college newsletter. With a failed burnt out Rock 101 DJ with oral herpes to a burnt out failed rapper who would probably stroke out if he tried to bust anything, it delivers the usual prepackaged, biased viewpoint punctuated with cheap visual effects and lame punch lines. It's news for those mentally impaired people with attention span issues who require constant distraction and shiny objects to keep them entertained. Newsfix: for the demographic of uninformed and misguided whose perspective in life is the same as they had in high school. They have truly cornered the idiot market in the city of Houston.

    ReplyDelete