support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Matt Lavine talks about KHOU 11 gig

As I told you Sunday, Matt Lavine (former Fox 26 KRIV morning meteorologist) was back in Houston on KHOU 11 this weekend doing the weather. He told me earlier this year (after filling in at KHOU) that he was moving to Seattle. Here is what Lavine said to me via email about his TV work this past weekend:


"Yes, as you can see I'm back on the air at KHOU. What can I say...I love working at Channel 11!

News director Keith Connors and Chief Meteorologist Gene Norman invited me back while visiting family and friends in Texas. I'm having a blast celebrating my 20 years "on air" in Houston, and

I really enjoy working with KHOU anchors Allison Triarsi and Shern-Min Chow as well as the entire Channel 11 staff.

I can't say much more than that, but I will say that you can take the boy out of Texas, but you can't Texas out of the boy. I love living in Seattle, but I still proudly call Texas home."


Well based on all of the Web surfers looking for information on you this weekend, some Houston weather watchers love themselves some Matt Lavine!


RELATED
- Matt Lavine resurfaces on KHOU 11 in Houston
Matt Lavine back on Houston TV...for now
Weatherman Matt Lavine on Channel 39 KIAH
Matt Lavine, formerly of Fox 26 KRIV gets a blog and more
What happened to Matt Lavine formerly of Fox 26?
CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here