Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Matt Lavine back on Houston TV...for now

A familiar face was on Houston television this past weekend. Meteorologist Matt Lavine (formerly of Fox 26 KRIV) was performing weather duties on KHOU Channel 11.

But unfortunately Lavine tells me it is a limited engagement:

"I'm back on the air at khou Channel 11 filling in for a vacationing Mario Gomez the next few weeks.

This will be my farewell tour for Houston as I'm heading to Seattle with the wife and kids by the middle of next month.

I'll miss Houston terribly but look forward to my new life in the great Pacific Northwest!"



Too bad. From the looks of it, lots of people like Lavine in this town. When he filled in at 39 KIAH and now at 11, my inbox starts filling up reports from television watchers. Bob Martin, aka "The Accountant to the Stars" even sent the above screen grab. Thanks Bob!

RELATED
- Weatherman Matt Lavine on Channel 39 KIAH
- Matt Lavine, formerly of Fox 26 KRIV gets a blog and more
- What happened to Matt Lavine formerly of Fox 26?

8 comments:

  1. Is Matt going to be doing weather in Seattle?

    Also, wondering why you never write about the people who work at your TV station? Don't you like them? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want my coworkers hating me like everyone else does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish Matt Lavine was at another TV station in Houston. At least he is better than some weathermen and ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot all about the old roof reports he used to do. I liked is quirky delivery, but I never understood what was up with those purple glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those purple glasses were his signature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO, NO, NO111SAY IT ISN'T SO.1 CAN'T STAND FOR MATT LAVINE TO GO.

    USED TO WATCH 26 WEATHER REGULARLY TO CATCH MATT LAVINE. THEN SAW HIM A FEW TIMES ON CH. 11. HOPED HE WOULD BE A REGULAR.

    MATT LAVINE AND DAVID PAUL MAKE WEATHER WORTH WATCHING. AND THEY ARE PRETTY ACCURATE. MORE THAN MOST.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is Matt Lavine coming back to Houston,Tx. And if so, which channel? I miss him!!!! I haven't watched channel 26 since he left.I watch channel 2, but, if he returns I'll give up Owen Conflenti n the gang and The Today Show!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Matt is back in Houston filming an indie kid movie Matt Mercury and his Rocket Rangers in Greenway Plaza

    ReplyDelete

AD