support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Matt Lavine back on Houston TV...for now

A familiar face was on Houston television this past weekend. Meteorologist Matt Lavine (formerly of Fox 26 KRIV) was performing weather duties on KHOU Channel 11.

But unfortunately Lavine tells me it is a limited engagement:

"I'm back on the air at khou Channel 11 filling in for a vacationing Mario Gomez the next few weeks.

This will be my farewell tour for Houston as I'm heading to Seattle with the wife and kids by the middle of next month.

I'll miss Houston terribly but look forward to my new life in the great Pacific Northwest!"



Too bad. From the looks of it, lots of people like Lavine in this town. When he filled in at 39 KIAH and now at 11, my inbox starts filling up reports from television watchers. Bob Martin, aka "The Accountant to the Stars" even sent the above screen grab. Thanks Bob!

RELATED
- Weatherman Matt Lavine on Channel 39 KIAH
- Matt Lavine, formerly of Fox 26 KRIV gets a blog and more
- What happened to Matt Lavine formerly of Fox 26? CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here