support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

Runaway Radio Screenings
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming on Tubi!

Friday, February 13, 2009

People hating on Houston

I twittered about a post I wrote on April 18, 2006 that is still getting reader comments. It's called 'Why do people hate Houston?' and I figure that people who really hate the city Google those words, find it and comment.  Lots of animus towards my birth city too.  Since I twittered about the post, it has received even more mean spirited comments.

CHECK IT OUT

Part of the reason I started this blog was to show off some positive aspects of the much-maligned fourth largest US city. Instead I became a sounding board.

Here is the most recent comment:

I was born in Houston and lived there until I was 18 years old. I agree that the people in Houston are nasty , rude, arrogant, and ignorant. I had to go to grade school with some of these people. I can't imagine how they are now as adults. I moved to Colorado after I graduated from college. I only visit Houston to see my family. I can only stay there for a week. Once I moved to another environment, I was able to look back and see how ugly the people were. I truely believe that many people who live in Houston develop a negative attitude early on in their lives. They tend to feed off of one another's rudness an stupidity. I am so happy that I don't live there anymore. I would suggest to anyone living in Houston for the jobs/housing; Save your money and move out of the city. I hear Austin is more civil. READ MORE
CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here