support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

Runaway Radio

Saturday, September 26, 2026

Tynisha Jackson joins Spectrum News 1 Dallas


Tynisha Jackson joined Spectrum News 1 in Dallas as a multimedia journalist (MMJ), returning to North Texas after spending the past three years working in Roanoke, Virginia.

An Arlington native, Jackson joined Spectrum News 1 in September 2026.

"I’m HOME! Excited to share that I’ve joined the team at Spectrum News 1 in Dallas as a reporter," Jackson posted. "I can’t wait to start telling stories in the communities where I grew up."

Jackson comes from WDBJ7 Roanoke, Virginia, where she has worked as a multimedia journalist and weekend morning anchor since September 2023. 

Her television career began in Mississippi when she joined WTOK-TV in Meridian as a multimedia journalist in 2021. She later took on weekend evening anchor and producer duties before becoming the station's primary weeknight 10 p.m. anchor, while continuing to work as an MMJ and producer.

She graduated from Texas State University with a bachelor's degree in Electronic Media Programming and a minor in Media Studies. While at Texas State, Jackson reported for the university's student news program, Bobcat Update, and served as an on-air host and senior news reporter for KTSW-FM 89.9. She also gained newsroom experience as an intern at News 4 San Antonio/FOX San Antonio (WOAI/KABB).

During her time at Texas State, Jackson also cheered for the university.



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here