Sakura Gray is returning to where she grew up and is joining FOX 26 Houston KRIV as a reporter.
Gray announced the move on social media:
" I’m so excited to announce that I’ve joined the FOX 26 Houston team! After five years of moving all across the country, I finally get to do the job I love in my hometown. I can’t wait to tell the stories of our community — I hope you’ll tune in!”
Born in Japan and raised in Houston, she is returning to the Bayou City for a homecoming.
Gray arrives from CBS Sacramento KOVR, where she has worked since October 2022 as a news reporter for CBS Sacramento and Good Day Sacramento.
In 2020, Gray began her television news career in Georgia at WRBL 3 in Columbus. She joined the station as a digital multimedia journalist before becoming a weekday reporter and weekend anchor.
She earned her bachelor’s degree from the University of Texas at Austin, where she studied radio and Television.
Her career has also included several internships in media and entertainment. She worked as a production intern at KXAN in Austin, where she assisted with the lifestyle program Studio 512, pitched story ideas, worked on social media, and created graphics for online content. Gray also spent time as an editorial intern with Mâché in Los Angeles and Hollywire in Beverly Hills, working on interviews, editorial content, social media, and digital production.
- Sherman Desselle leaves FOX 26 Houston
(Thanks, Shad!)
