support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

Runaway Radio

Monday, September 28, 2026

Runaway Radio featured in Houston Chronicle article "From 'Urban Cowboy' to 'Boyhood,' the 30 Houston films every Houstonian should see"



It's an honor to have my Runaway Radio documentary featured in the Houston Chronicle's "From 'Urban Cowboy' to 'Boyhood,' the 30 Houston films every Houstonian should see."

Thanks to arts and entertainment editor Cary Darling for including us.

Never did I think that, when I started what was known as the 101 KLOL documentary, it would one day be featured on the same page as some of my Houston favorites growing up, like Rushmore, Apollo 13, and Reality Bites!

I don't think I have mentioned this on the blog because I was on a break when it happened, but Runaway Radio won three awards at the 47th Annual Telly Awards, two at the 32nd Annual Communicator Awards, and, as mentioned before, the Texas Independent Film Award (TIFA).

For 2026, I'm taking a break and won't be doing a 10-1 screening at River Oaks Theatre, but 2027 is always an option if you are interested!

In the meantime, you can watch it on Tubi, rent it from your favorite streamer, or buy a physical copy with extras on DVD.


(Thanks, Kelly and Steve!)





CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here