Andrew "Latty" Latimer is living his dream job as one of 104.1 KRBE Houston's newest DJs.
"It’s kind of a surreal situation for me because I grew up in Houston listening to that station and winning concert tickets and movie passes, now I’m the one giving them away," Latty told mikemcguff.com
Growing up in Sugar Land, Latty says working for KRBE feels surreal.
"I grew up listening to this station religiously with my family," Latty told me. "I remember in 1994 my friend's dad packed me and a few friends in the car and drove down Richmond Ave the night the Rockets won the Championship. We were listening to KRBE, and the DJ had people call in and tell him what their best Rockets moment that year was. That's when I realized that is what I wanted to do with my life. And hopefully I can do that for someone else!
"When I was 13, I won tickets from KRBE to the movie Renaissance Man, that starred Danny DiVto and Mark Wahlberg. I was so nervous when the DJ answered...I don't think I talked too much at all. Me and my friends won tickets to see Bush, No Doubt and Goo Goo Dolls at the Summit...great concert by the way!"
I know...a young Mike McGuff was at the same show!
Latty's radio road back to the KRBE weekend shift in January 2026 started off with morning show host gigs with Memphis, Tennessee stations Q107.5 WHBQ and KIX 106 WGKX.
"My radio journey started when I was 20 in Memphis, TN, and I quickly caught the 'Radio Bug,'" Latty told me. "I started working in promotions, holding up station banners at car dealerships, and worked my way up to Morning Show Host. I was also a regular on television for seven years on Wednesdays for WREG News Channel 3 for Water Cooler Wednesday, where we would sit and talk about current news topics."
Now, on Wednesdays from 7 to 10am, Latty appears on The Roula Show with Eric, featuring Special K & Sam.
"I love working with Roula, Eric, Special K and Sam," Latty added. "Even though I am not a full-time member of the show, they treat me like family. I work with them on Wednesdays from 7:00 am-10:00am, and I host the Rapid Fire Trivia game at 8:00am. I just give them the questions, but I'll take the name 'host' lol."
For Latty, life has certainly come full circle from when he was listening to Sam Malone and Maria Todd while driving to school with his mom.
"I'm just happy to be home to be with friends, root on my favorite sports team...Astros, Texans, and Rockets...eat the best food in the U.S. and once again be able to call myself a TEXAN," Latty admitted.
