Drew Davis is joining WFAA 8 Dallas-Fort Worth as a meteorologist in August 2026, where he interned in 2020.
Here is what Davis posted:
"Super excited to announce that I have joined the @WFAA weather team in DFW.
I grew up almost exclusively watching the legendary team at WFAA, and I am honored to work at such a storied news institution.
Importantly, this also brings my wife and I closer to family. We're both from DFW, just different sides of town. I got started on Monday, and can’t wait to dig in!"
I told you back in July how Davis was leaving his Hawaii News Now to return to North Texas.
The Austin native joined Hawaii News Now in Honolulu in 2023 after graduating from Texas A&M University with a degree in meteorology.
Davis began contributing remotely to Hawaii News Now in January 2023 while completing his final semester at Texas A&M in College Station. He relocated to Honolulu that June, spending the months leading up to the move studying the Hawaiian language and learning about the islands and their culture.
Before making the move to Hawaii, Davis was a member of the KBTX News 3 weather team in Bryan-College Station, serving as the station's first Meteorology Fellow. The Gray Television fellowship was established to help develop the next generation of meteorologists from Texas A&M. Davis joined KBTX in the summer of 2022 after previously working as a part-time weather anchor at KTEN 10 News in Sherman at just 19 years old while attending Texas A&M.
At Texas A&M, Davis earned perfect grades in all of his meteorology courses and received the university's Outstanding Graduating Senior Award. He also helped launch and lead the school's student television weather broadcasting program, where he mentored fellow students and gained hands-on experience with storm chasing, forecasting and broadcast production.
A BLAST FROM THE PAST IN 2020
I am so excited to announce that I will be interning at the WFAA studio in Dallas this summer as a broadcast meteorologist! Thank you so much @wfaaweather, @JesseWFAA, @KaleeDionne, and the whole team for this amazing opportunity! Can’t wait to get started :) #WFAA #TEGNA #TAMU pic.twitter.com/CNVaP8BDxO
— Drew Davis🤙 (@DrewDavisWX) March 12, 2020
(Thanks, Tom!)
