support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston streaming dvd
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

'Great Day SA' celebrates 20 years on KENS 5


'Great Day SA,' the KENS 5 San Antonio lifestyle show celebrates 20 years on the air last Friday morning with an hour-long tribute.

“I was on the very first show and can’t believe it’s been 20 years already,” said Paul Mireles, original co-host and KENS 5 meteorologist. “It’s been an honor to be a part of this show for all these years. I love our viewers and I love our city.”

Co-hosts Mireles and Vanessa Macias, with then host Lu Parker, signed the 9am show on September 8, 2003.  

“Great Day SA is such a special show that I consider a treasure for the city," current host Roma Villavicencio said.   "We wouldn’t be celebrating 20 years without the beautiful people that make up our community. There is no place like SA. I’m grateful for the experiences, memories and joys this show has brought to my life.”


CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here