support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, March 17, 2023

Kara Willis joins CW39 Houston


Kara Willis is joining CW39 KIAH Houston as a reporter from 12News KBMT Beaumont.

"I haven't been on here in awhile, so I have a bit of new," Willis tweeted.   "I'm Extremely happy to announce that my career has taken me back home here in Houston to tell the stories of my own community! I'll forever be grateful!"

Willis, who is from Houston, joined KBMT in September 2020.

The Stephen F. Austin University grad's birthday is Christmas Day.  Which Houston TV anchor has a Valentine's Day birthday?

And speaking of KBMT, fellow reporter Simona Barca is leaving for a job with KRHD Bryan - College Station.  By the way, KRHD becomes 15 ABC in April 2023.

Barca joined KBMT as a "producer in residence" in July of 2021. Fast forward to March 2022, she joined the station's reporter ranks.

The American University grad interned with C-SPAN.





 

CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here