support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Greg Simmons resigns from KSAT San Antonio


Greg Simmons, the longtime KSAT 12 San Antonio sports director and anchor, submitted his resignation Monday according to the station.

Simmons resigned after being arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated last week. The San Antonio Express-News reports Simmons has hired an expert in defending such cases.

Here is the letter Simmons submitted to KSAT and the station made public on its website:



“For the past 42 years, I have had the honor of working with the best in the business while sharing my passion for sports and our community with all of you.  I am overwhelmed and humbled by the love and support from family, friends and viewers in light of recent events. I have resigned from my role as Sports Director at KSAT 12. I am grateful for the opportunity this brings to focus on my health and wellness, and what the future will bring.”


Simmons joined KSAT in 1980. 

He previously worked for 102.1 KBUC Rio Grande Valley and 1580-AM KWED Seguin.

While at Jefferson High School in the early 1970s, Simmons helped launch KJEF  to play music and deliver news as an in-house radio station for students.

In 2022, Simmons was inducted into the San Antonio ISD Athletic Hall of Fame.



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here