support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Hello from Austin, TX


Today, I'm in Austin at the Texas Capitol to speak for the Alzheimer’s Association ahead of the 88th Texas Legislative Session.

And speaking of the Association, you can still help my Walk team to raise money to help fight and hopefully end the disease. Then I can find another cause.

You are really here to read about Texas media news, so I will stick with Austin since I'm here.



Courtney Aitken has joined Spectrum News 1 Texas as a meteorologist based in Austin.


"I am over the moon excited to announce that I will be joining the weather team at Spectrum News 1 in Texas! 

I will be working alongside an absolutely incredible group of meteorologists to cover the entire Lone Star State. 

Thank you to everyone who has supported me on my path so far - I am so humbled and grateful for this opportunity!"


Aitken joined the Texas cable news channel (not available in Houston) in September 2022 from KION News Channel 46 Salinas, CA where she was a morning meteorologist for the last year.

The University of Colorado Boulder and Mississippi State University degree holder interned with WeatherNation.



And let's keep the Central Texas weather fun going with news that KXAN Austin meteorologist Nick Bannin celebrated the birth of daughter Mila in late October!




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here