support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston streaming dvd
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, August 02, 2022

Tim Ryan retires from FOX 4 KDFW


Tim Ryan and his yellow coffee mug are retiring from FOX 4 DFW Dallas - Fort Worth on August 26, 2022 after 33 years with the station.

UPDATE AUGUST 26, 2022
Tim Ryan signs off from FOX 4 KDFW (VIDEO)

UPDATE AUGUST 1, 2022
Brandon Todd promoted to FOX 4 'Good Day' anchor seat


"I am grateful beyond words for my time here at FOX 4 and for the many wonderful people I have come to know and respect as friends and colleagues," Ryan said.  "As a reporter, I have been privileged to travel the nation and the world; to see amazing things and places and meet people from every walk of life. The memories are unforgettable (and the stories get a little better every time I retell them.) Since 1995 I have been privileged to be a part of Good Day, which has become the ‘go to’ place for morning news in DFW. To the thousands of viewers who treat us like family, "Thank you!" You are in very good hands with Lauren, Evan, Chip and the amazing Good Day team."


Ryan has been co-anchoring FOX 4's Good Day since the beginning in 1995.  He started with the station in 1989. 

This means in his post TV life, the only people who will "Tell it to Tim" are his wife Beth and kids Meghan and Patrick.  Granddaughter Lucy was born in June. 

"I’m gathering my Kleenex for the next few weeks as we celebrate his 33 years at FOX 4 News," co-anchor Lauren Przybyl posted on Facebook.  "I’m sure I will get emotional!!! He is so much more than my co-worker… I know we will see each other after he has retired but this will be a tough adjustment.  He is the first person I see every weekday morning and one of my best friends."



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here