support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, January 28, 2022

Karen Borta leaves CBS 11 DFW morning newscast


Karen Borta is leaving the CBS 11 DFW KTVT morning newscast after seven years.

"They were some of the most wonderful years of my career, but am so excited about this change," Borta posted on Instagram. "This is not a 9 to 5 business, but for the first time in my life, it’s exactly what I’ll be doing. I. Can’t. Wait!!"

Starting Monday, Borta will now anchor the Dallas-Fort Worth station's 11am and 4pm newscasts with co-anchor Ken Molestina.

So who are the new anchors for the CBS 11 Morning news?

Sports Anchor/Reporter Keith Russell and anchor Brooke Katz shift their schedules around to wake up really early to anchor the AM news.

Here is what Katz posted to Instagram:

"And so a new chapter begins!! While I’ve loved sleeping in and hanging with Ken, Doug, and Scott over the last two years… I’m incredibly excited to get back to mornings! 

Today was my last 4pm! I’m taking a reset day Friday, and then will be up and at it first thing Monday morning!!! 

The incredible Karen Borta will be sitting next to Ken. 

While the 2am alarm clock kind of stinks, morning news has always had my heart! Also, I LOVE afternoon naps! Cannot wait! See ya in the AM!"



Borta has a long history with CBS 11 DFW

Borta joined the CBS 11 morning news back in January of 2015.  

 "My three children are now in high school and junior high," Borta said in a statement back in 2015. "This new schedule will finally allow me to do the things that so many people take for granted, such as eating dinner with my family and attending my kids’ weeknight games – all things I often missed when working nights. As parents, we don’t get do-overs, and it means the world to me to be able to fully participate in this part of their lives before they leave the nest."

Well, we can guess the Borta children are pretty much grown up now.

Borta was no stranger to  North Texas television viewers however. 

When she joined the CBS 11 morning news, Borta had already been anchoring the KTVT evening newscasts for 20 years. 

WATCH
2011 CBS 11 KTVT promo spot

Borta arrived in the Metroplex at CBS 11 News in 1995.  

She previously was an anchor/reporter for FOX 13 WTVT Tampa Bay, KRBK 13 (now KMAX) Sacramento and KCEN 6 Waco.



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here