support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston streaming dvd
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, August 27, 2021

Terri Gruca leaving KVUE Austin

Terri Gruca is leaving KVUE Austin Friday, September 3, 2021.

"Hope you all know how much I appreciate you inviting me into your home all these years, for all of you who have followed me as I moved from market to market, for all of you who allowed me to share your stories," Gruca posted on Facebook. "Since I was a little girl, watching 60 Minutes with my family, I wanted to be a journalist. How lucky I am to have gotten to live that dream for 30 years! I am forever grateful!"

In an accompanying KVUE 24 article, the TEGNA staff writes that over the last months, Gruca and station managers have discussed how the longtime anchor could spend more time with her family.

As I blogged in June 2021, Gruca left the KVUE 5pm anchor role to solely work on the 11am to noon mid-day newscast. Anchor/political reporter Ashley Goudeau was named the KVUE 5pm anchor a few days later.

The KVUE article states Gruca is now leaving the TV news business.

RELATED
Jason Mikell's last day at KVUE today (VIDEO)

"Anyone who is a working parent understands the juggle," Gruca added on KVUE.com. "Our boys are starting to get more involved in school activities and I don’t want to miss out. Leaving has not been an easy decision for me, but one I feel I have to make right now for my family. My boys are making their way through these challenging times, and I want to make sure I can be there to help them navigate it all without feeling like I’m short siding them or KVUE."

“Terri has been our rock and a tremendous mentor in the KVUE newsroom," said KVUE president and general manager Kristie Gonzales on the station's website. "While we are sad to see her go, she will always be a part of the KVUE family. We wish Terri and her family the best.” 

Gruca joined KVUE in 2008, serving as the station's evening news anchor for nearly ten years.

Before Texas, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill grad worked at the following stations:


- Anchor / Investigative Reporter - WCCO Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area Minnesota

- Anchor / Investigative Reporter - WSPA Spartanburg, SC

- Anchor - WBIR Knoxville, Tennessee

- Reporter, Fill-in Anchor - WRAL Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina Area


No word yet on what profession Gruca will join in the future. 



(Thanks Adam!)



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here