support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Terri Gruca stepping down from KVUE 5pm newscast

Terri Gruca announced she is stepping down from anchoring the KVUE Austin 5pm newscast.

UPDATE FRIDAY, AUGUST 27, 2021
Terri Gruca leaving KVUE Austin

RELATED
Ashley Goudeau new KVUE Austin 5pm anchor

Here is what Gruca posted on Facebook:

"Today is my last day anchoring the 5pm newscast at KVUE. I’m taking a little time off with my family and when I come back in July I will be anchoring the midday show 11-noon. 

Anyone who is a working parent understands the juggle. Our boys are starting to get more involved in school activities and I don’t want to miss out. If this last year taught us anything it’s that being there matters. I’m #grateful my managers cared enough to let me give this a shot."

RELATED
Rob Evans joins KVUE Austin

Gruca has been with KVUE since 2008. She was a KVUE evening anchor for nearly a decade.  

As of late she has been the 5pm anchor with occasional appearances on the 11am midday newscast.  She also serves as an investigative reporter.

Prior to Austin, TX, Gruca worked as:

- Anchor / Investigative Reporter - WCCO Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area Minnesota
- Anchor / Investigative Reporter - WSPA Spartanburg, SC
- Anchor - WBIR Knoxville, Tennessee
- Reporter, Fill-in Anchor - WRAL Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina Area

She is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here