support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

April Molina leaves News 4 San Antonio WOAI

April Molina, the News 4 San Antonio WOAI investigative reporter, is retiring from the TV news business.

Here is what Molina posted on Facebook:

"After more than 2 decades of sharing your stories, I'll be retiring from television news. I knew at 17 this is what I wanted to do and never looked back. 

I'll always be thankful for all the bosses who put their faith in me, and even more so to the viewers who trusted me.

After all these years, my compass is clearly pointing in a different direction. I've been blessed with an opportunity that feels more like a mission than a job. Looking forward to sharing the details of my next venture in the coming days-also, happy to be able to continue working in and for this beautiful community."

Molina has been with WOAI since 2015.  Before that, she was the investigative reporter across the street for KSAT 12 San Antonio for nearly nine years.

Previously, The University of Texas at Austin grad worked as a 5pm anchor/investigative reporter for FOX 7 KTBC Austin and weekend anchor/reporter for News 25 KXXV Waco/Temple/Killeen.  

It was at KXXV where I watched Molina debut as the weekend anchor.  I was a college student and one of her studio camera operators.  Even back then, it was obvious to me she was naturally good as an anchor.

Molina says another announcement is coming soon...so stay tuned here.

UPDATE
Molina to join Ransomed Life as director of communications




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here