support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Courtney Friedman is pregnant during COVID and reporting on it

Courtney Friedman announced she is pregnant.  But instead of just delivering the news on social media like most media types, the KSAT 12 San Antonio weekend anchor/reporter is addressing pregnancy in the times of a pandemic.

JULY 2021
KSAT’s Courtney Friedman gives birth to healthy baby girl

In a video, Friedman talked of the upcoming birth of her little one and further plans to cover COVID-19 pregnancies on the news.

Here is a partial transcript:

"I am elated to announce to a community that I love that I am pregnant. My husband and I are expecting a little girl in July and we are over the moon, to say the least. If you know me and my reporting and my anchoring, I always wear my heart on my sleeve. But even for me, this type of announcement, it's unconventional and it's definitely a little intimidating. 

So why do it? The answer to that is the times we're living in right now. Times are unconventional and they are very intimidating. This is tough. It is scary to be pregnant right now. I've been through some very emotional times over the past five months. And the point is, I know I'm not the only one. 

I know I'm not the only one going in for sonogram appointments by myself at the very end of the appointment, holding up my phone on FaceTime so my husband can see the picture and hear the heartbeat. It's it's difficult. We knew this going in. We're in a pandemic. It's for our own safety. But that doesn't make it any easier. And I know for a fact that there are so many of you making the excruciatingly difficult decision of whether to get this vaccine while being pregnant."

Friedman added that she will take questions from the audience, find answers and report them on TV newscasts and online. 

You can contact her here.

Before joining KSAT in 2014, Friedman worked as a reporter/anchor for KYTX CBS 19 Tyler, Texas. 

The University of Texas at Austin grad interned for FOX 7 KTBC and KXAN Austin.  



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here