support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, September 08, 2020

Collin Myers exits abc13 KTRK


KTRK abc13 weekend morning meteorologist Collin Myers has been removed from the bios section on the Walt Disney Television owned station.

He posted this goodbye message on his Facebook page too:

Some personal news to share:
I have ended my employment at KTRK-TV (ABC13 Houston).

I thank all of you viewers who’ve supported me over the past three years, and thank everyone at the station for the opportunity to work in a great city.

You can continue to follow me on this page and ALL social media (*@collinmyerswx on all accounts*) and I look forward to announcing my plans soon. As for my fiancée and family, we love Texas and plan to stay.

Joshua 1:9: “Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.”
My father used to take me out to the porch and we’d watch thunderstorms move in, in the evenings. I’ll never lose that passion or enthusiasm.

Locktopia Escape Room Houston

ALSO JUST HAPPENING AT ABC13 KTRK HOUSTON
- Bob Slovak leaves abc13 KTRK
- Deborah Wrigley to leave abc13 KTRK

As I posted on August 15th, Myers's loyal fans noticed he had not been on air in a while and had changed his social media account names to remove channel 13 branding. I would not post on this blog that he had left the station until he said something or his bio was taken off the channel 13 website. This evening, both happened.

Since then, Houston TV viewers have been worried about his absence and talking about it on my Facebook page.

Myers joined channel 13 right after Hurricane Harvey in 2017 as Casey Curry left the station.

The Kansas native previously worked for KEYE Austin from 2015 to 2017.

Before Texas, he worked for WIBW CBS 13 Topeka, Kansas as a weekday meteorologist and storm chaser (he also started his career at WIBW as a contractor a few years earlier).

While earning his BS at the University of Oklahoma, Myers interned at KOCO 5 Oklahoma City.

A fun fact, Myers was a contestant on 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' months before the long running game show was officially cancelled in 2019.

On a personal note, Myers recently posted engagement photos on his newly re-named Facebook page, so congrats are in order on his upcoming wedding.




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here