support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, August 20, 2020

KSAT 12 producer discusses COVID-19 experience and what she did next


KSAT 12 weekend morning producer Gaby Anez appeared on Good Morning San Antonio with anchors Mark Austin and Stephanie Serna to discuss her battle with COVID-19 which lasted for over a month.

Here is a partial edited transcript:

It wasn't as bad as other people, but it definitely hit me hard. I first started feeling very sick, kind of tired, but I thought it was because it was...the end of my work week...I work overnights...So I was like, "I'm tired. I'm just going to go home, take a nap and relax."

So I went home and I started getting chills. I still didn't think any of it. I was like, "OK, maybe it's just still tired. Let's see what the next day is."

The next day came and I started having body aches. Chills were still there. I had a low fever and then cough. And then out of nowhere, all the symptoms came. I lost my sense of taste and smell. I started having stomach issues and my skin, which is weird because I've never heard of this happening, my skin started getting very dry as well.

And then, you know, I started feeling very sick and that lasted for a month. WATCH MORE

As she discusses in the rest of the video, Anez says she decided to help others by donating convalescent plasma and was told at the blood center she was saving four lives with her donation.

RELATED
Houston media members affected by COVID-19



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here