support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, July 10, 2020

Lily Jang loses her father


Our sympathies go out to former KHOU 11 morning anchor Lily Jang who announced the sad news her father has died.

Here is what she posted this week on Facebook:

After a hard fought battle that began with COVID-19 nearly five weeks ago, my beloved father has passed away. While my family and I could not be by his side this entire time, and as incredibly heartbreaking it has been for us, I am comforted by the compassionate acts of the doctors and nurses at Kindred Hospital, who all gently held his hand as he took his last breath. Thank you for your calls, texts, kind messages, and words of support. Dad is no longer suffering. Love you forever, dad.

Back in 2012 when Jang returned to Houston to work at KHOU from KCPQ Q13 Morning News Seattle, she told me she was excited, "excited to finally be home where I grew up and my parents can watch me."




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here