support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, June 08, 2020

Brett Buffington leaves KHOU 11


KHOU 11 multi-skilled journalist (MSJ) Brett Buffington is no longer with the TEGNA Houston station.

"I left officially at the end of May," Buffington told mikemcguff.com. "I love Houston and certainly am open and hopeful to stay in the market, KHOU just simply wasn’t the right fit for me."

He has not been on channel 11 since earlier this year.

I often get asked what these television news acronyms mean. An MSJ is also called an multi-media journalist (MMJ) or someone who shoots, writes and edits their own stories.

Recently Buffington changed his social media accounts to reflect he is no longer with KHOU, and is now a "Breaking News Reporter in HTX." In the last weeks, he has been tweeting breaking news concerning Houston and the nation.

"I have made great contacts that still call often," Buffington told me. "A reporter is only as good as their sources, and I think my work here speaks for itself."

He came to Houston from WBRZ Baton Rouge, Louisiana in 2017 and also worked as:

- an investigative reporter for WIS Columbia, South Carolina
- a reporter for WJBF in Augusta, Georgia
- a video journalist-digital mobile journalist for WJXT in Jacksonville, Florida.




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here