support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Houston TV anchors defend Erica Simon




TV anchors and viewers have a symbiotic relationship. One needs the other for news, the other for ratings.

But sometimes the relationship gets a little too much.

I've had anchor/reporters tell me things that viewers have told them that will make you blush or get angry.

Even in my nascent reporting days, I had a viewer tell me, "You aren't an a--hole like you appear on TV." Gee...thanks.

KTRK abc13 weekend morning anchor Erica Simon must have had some of that issue with viewers and her pregnancy as she recently shared about it on Twitter.

"Some of the viewer comments about my pregnancy are starting to get annoying," Simon tweeted. "Yes, I’m aware I’m petite so the sudden packing on of pounds is a startling sight. No, I’m not having twins and no I’m not due any day. I’ll update you as I go, but chill. ❤️"

Well, TV anchors from other Houston stations showed up in the Twitter thread showing support for Simon.








Here is the good news, Simon has given us an update on her pregnancy and all is well.





RELATED
- Erica Simon's baby shower photos
- Erica Simon involved in wreck while pregnant



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here