support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Casey Curry and Sharron Melton reunite on TV

Sharron Melton and Casey Curry share the TV screen again on CW39 KIAH Moring Dose


It's been three years, as far as I know, since Sharron Melton and Casey Curry have appeared on television together and I can announce that drought is officially over as of this morning.

Looking at social media, the former abc13 KTRK morning show staples have clearly remained friends, so it is no surprise this television reunion has eventually happened.

If I could earn a dollar every time someone asks me the whereabouts of former abc13 meteorologist Casey Curry, first of all, I would never give you an answer so I could keep making a fast buck, and I would be able to splurge at Pappasito's on the weekends.

So here is the answer to "Where is Casey Curry these days?"

After leaving channel 13 in September of 2017, I was watching Curry's every move for you from filling in at KPRC 2's Houston Life and FOX 26 KRIV's weather department.

In my world, learning Curry had left channel 13 on a Sunday, then seeing her channel 2 the next day was like the Houston media covering a big weather event. I should install a bell to ring and a "breaking news" banner to hang on the wall when stuff like this happens. You might remember this was the time I jumped in the car and drove the Galleria so I could get a comment from Curry as she walked off the Houston Life set. My own wife was like, "why can't you show this much initiative around the house?"

I was very on top of things...then I blew it. Curry took a new non-TV gig and I dropped the ball for you.

In early 2018, Curry joined the alliantgroup as Community Relations Director. The company bills itself as the premier provider of specialty tax services.

I'll admit her new gig flew under the radar for me.

So long story longer, Curry appeared on Melton's new CW39 KIAH Morning Dose show this morning to promote the 2019 Alliant Group Blue Heart Fund STEM scholarship program.



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here