support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Trey Serna returns to CW39 as senior producer and talent



Former CW39 KIAH supervising producer Trey Serna has returned to the Tribune (soon to be Nexstar) owned station's Morning Dose.

"I'm thrilled to announce that I'm going back to CW 39 and joining the team of 'Morning Dose' as the new Senior Producer, but this time, I'm going to be jumping in front of the camera," Serna posted on Instagram. "I am beyond excited that I am going to have a part in the overall vision of the show, and be able to tell and bring stories to viewers throughout the Houston area."

Serna was on the air this morning reading the Morning Essentials segment a reader has told me.

Back in 2015, the then NewsFix producer left the station after four years and joined the education world. Serna worked in a communications role for the Sheldon and Fort Bend school districts.

He got his start in the TV news world back in 2008 at KRGV in Weslaco.

RELATED
Steve Simon returns to CW39 KIAH as news director

CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here