support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Houston foodie radio war?

The Houston Press' Richard Connelly writes about a big radio food show feud...maybe. It seems that it is 1560 The Game KGOW morning show man Lance Zierlein vs CNN 650 KIKK's foodie Cleverley Stone.

Let the battle of the AM bon vivants begin! READ MORE

Ken Hoffman and crew were fanning the flames of this war on 1560 The Game Wednesday and it made me wonder if this is staged. Could merry prankster Hoffman be creating some radio mischief?

I like the fact that Hoffman trashes the competition. It brings back the excitement of radio before a few companies owned all the stations. Can't make fun of the competition now because your company might own them (or soon will). I guess the only other station that does this is Cox on 93Q vs CBS' 100.3 KILT. That concerns commercial count, but that gets old quickly. Although I guess it has worked. Have you seen how those two station flipped in the publicly released ratings?

Cleverly said a few months ago I could come on her show.  I haven't acted on it because I am not sure I could add anything.  I went to Feast in June...does that qualify me? If Cleverly needs me for the feud I will go on and bash 1560 for free airtime.  Hey guys, sorry...love you, but this is broadcasting after all. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here