support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, August 10, 2009

ESPN bans personal Tweets...who is next?

ESPN is ahead of the media on most of everything in terms of technology. So when I see that the ultimate sports network has banned Twittering I think to myself who is next?

I can see certain TV station groups following the mighty E's example. You have anything to do with a television newscast? Then you can't write about it on Twitter or Facebook (or any other social networking site).

Frankly I expected a ban much earlier than this. I think Twitter and Facebook have kind of stunned media management to a degree. They are not sure what to do with it. You can tell that by seeing what employees release on their personal accounts.

Heck, you can also tell that by some station's official social networking strategy. Most of the time it seems like they give everyone a Twitter account and say "go." They must expect some employee will eventually figure out how to use it. Good luck with that. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here