support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

WNBC hires bloggers to cover news

I was torn when I read the news that NBC Universal was hiring New York bloggers to cover news for WNBC's web site. The renegade blogger in me liked the idea. It's knocking down the MSM a notch and admitting this platform has some legs.

Then you have to consider it from a the corporate TV side of things. I can't imagine a lot of TV professionals liking the idea.

What if the blogger:
- Takes the snark too far?
- Libels someone and gets you in legal trouble?
- Stops writing after you set up the blog and promote them?
- Ends up just sucking?

I imagine this concept will grow.  It's already actually working out well in this case.

No word on the pay or amount of posts required. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here