support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Johnathan Walton stops by the mikemcguff.com blog

This week I updated you on what Johnathan Walton, formerly of KHOU Channel 11, has been up to and now we hear from the man himself.

Here is what he emailed me:

Back in May... Comedy Central called me. Whoo-hoo right? They saw my pilot. They liked my pilot. And they wanted to meet with me as soon as possible to discuss my show.

I was beyond excited.

So I met with them... and they passed on my show... because I'm not a stand up comedian. They didn't say that... but it was implied. They were like, "You do stand-up comedy right?" And I'm all, "Nope, I'm just a funny TV reporter." And they were all, "Oh." While they quietly held it against me.

Yada yada yada... I've since learned... only stand-up comedians get funny TV shows.

So I moved out to LA... to get my show and my stand-up career off the ground... which is turning out to be harder than getting Bobby Brown off the crack pipe.

But I really believe in "Some Stupid Show."

We can help Johnathan in his quest. He's entered a TV pilot contest put on my FOX and MySpace.

YOU CAN VOTE FOR HIS SHOW HERE.

Watch his 3-minute pilot, vote "Booyah" and leave a comment. Then spread the link like a virus you picked up at the bus station.

I have to respect Johnathan for taking a risk and following his dreams. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here