support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Rockets: Please Don't Pick Rick!!

Dear Les Alexander and Daryl Morey,

I beg you...in fact, I'm pleading! Do not make Rick Adelman the next Rockets head coach! I know Jeff Van Gundy hasn't turned in his Honda Civic company car yet.

Do your homework on this one guys. His former employers ran him out of Sac-town. The Maloof brothers run a class organization, I love the Palms in Vegas! Adelman did take the Blazers to the NBA Finals and he did take the Kings to the playoffs eight straight years. But what I remember most about Rick is his not so great moments in NBA playoff history...Michael Jordan's '92 first half Finals performance and Robert Horry's dagger in the 2002 Western Conference Finals. The Rockets just lost a Game 7 for the first time in team history. Fans don't need another John Stockton moment. (Sorry if that brings back a month of heavy drinking)

Now, as promised...Andrei Kirilenko's hair cut. "If he dies, he dies." --Ivan Drago. Did this guy let his wife go Flowbee on him. I mean, these two must really like the culture there in Utah. I'm sure they watch 'Big Love' every Sunday. His wife's "one free groupie a year" rule is a unique arrangment. Does he get to pick the girl? I should run that idea by my girlfriend and see what she thinks. I'll let you know how that one turns out...don't be surprised if this is my last post.

-Michael Penix

Catch more of Michael Penix on the Houston Sports Blog at abc13.com! CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here