support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

Runaway Radio Screenings
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming on Tubi!

Monday, February 19, 2007

Never liked the defunct Audioslave

In case you haven't heard, the band Audioslave is no more.

I remember thinking Soundgarden + Rage Against the Machine = one kick ass band.

Then I bought the first album and was underwhelmed. Clearly I was in the minority as the band sold lots of albums and concert tickets. Friends wondered why I did not want to go to their shows.

Now the band is broken up reports Rolling Stone in an interview with frontman Chris Cornell:

Was there any one moment when you knew you wanted to leave Audioslave?

There wasn’t a key moment when I knew I wanted to quit. We finished our third record and I went back to Paris and felt like we needed some time away from each other. We did a lot of touring. We did three records. We had done a lot of stuff in a short time period of time. Everyone ran off and did their own thing. I got real busy working on music and getting into a world I was missing on the last record - which was the ability to experiment with where a song could go and spend some time on the craft of making songs. When you have four guys in a room writing songs, it different. It’s great - that’s what makes a band a band. Audioslave was great. But there’s a lot I want to do and I don’t want to juggle that with a band.
Cornell says the ex-Rage members did not speak with that band's singer, Zach De La Rocha during Audioslave's reign, but it looks like that band has a chance to come back. As for Soundgarden, Cornell says not so much. Too bad. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here