support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, October 02, 2006

Vanilla Ice cools down Houston

Yes, I admit it. I have actually witnessed a Vanilla Ice show. It was in Waco around 1998. He played the Waco Convention Center. This was before his rock thing so he hit the stage in full rap glory yelling the popular Jerry Maguire phrase, "Show me the money!"

Don't worry, we didn't pay, I got free tickets through the radio station. The show was just longer than 30 minutes and he played Ice, Ice Baby twice. If it was longer, I must have dazed off to escape.

Vanilla is back on tour and he hit Houston at the Scout Bar. HandStamp's Sara Cress braved the crowd (yes there was one) and gives us this review:

Imagine the color draining from my face as we approached Scout Bar: There was a line out the door. The parking lot was full. The parking lot of the strip center next door was full. We had to cross the street and park in an overflow gravel lot.

I write and I fight and I do my best for bands in Houston and 20 people go to the show. But Vanilla Ice shows up in town and hundreds of people clamor to pay $12 to see it? This couldn't be more depressing.

Ha. It could be worse. Cress could follow Vanilla on tour. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here