support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, September 15, 2006

Eddie Van Halen says he's cured cancer

RollingStone transcribed the recent Howard Stern interview with Eddie Van Halen. Not only did Van Halen change the way guitarists played, but he also says he's cured cancer:
Eddie Van Halen: “I cured my cancer in a way that’s not exactly legal in this country. I’d tell you, but I don’t want to go to jail. When you drink your damn draino it just holds it at bay. It comes back. Cancer is like a cockroach. It just comes back stronger. I’m tearing apart the immune system of the cockroach and seeing how it ticks. I’ve opened up my own pathology center. Some of us open tequila bars in Mexico, I’m curing cancer. They cut a healthy piece of my tongue off and grew healthy cells outside of my body and tested them. I’m missing a third of my tongue. They butchered me. I didn’t quit smoking after I got tongue cancer cause smoking didn’t cause it.””
According to the transcript, Van Halen is not ruling out a reunion tour with David Lee Roth. He also says his son, Wolfgang Van Halen is quite the virtuoso and will record with him in the future.

For the full transcript, click here.

[Thanks to Blabbermouth]

CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here