support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Companies want to know what bloggers are writing

I recently volunteered to help a big corporation in town with a question echoing in boardrooms across America - how to track what bloggers are saying about the company.

Guess the blogosphere is becoming more important - it has finally awakened the sleepy giants.

I've noticed that when I blog about a company, you sometimes notice an odd, anonymous comment show up. Or increased activity from that company in my Google Analytics logs.

Expect to see more of that.

Someone reading this may say, "Moron, corporations have already been doing this for years!"

True, but those are the tech savvy ones, the majority in my estimation are fairly clueless at this point, but the tide is changing. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here