support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

Runaway Radio Screenings
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming on Tubi!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Survey shows Houstonians love cell phones...A LOT

Sprint sent me these survey results which I find interesting. Houston loves cell phones. The PR rep told me over the phone that Houston uses cell phones well above the national average:

-89 percent of Houston adults surveyed own a wireless phone
-70 percent of those who own a phone in Houston said they use their phone for some function beyond talking, such as cameras, clocks, calendars, messaging, music or even seeing in the dark
-95 percent of Houston respondents said their cell phones are a multi-functional time-saver
-75 percent of Houston respondents said they canĂ‚’t live without their cell phones


I know how the game is played. Phone companies put out surveys and get publicity for the brand name. I just fell for that trick with this post. But I find this survey pretty revealing.

Most likely these numbers are high for Houston because most of us are stuck in traffic all of the time. And I must admit, I fall into all of these categories.

I love my phone and use it constantly for calls and other things. Heck, half the pics on this blog were taken with the phone. Once I get a larger MiniSD, I'll be able to listen to more mp3s through the phone too. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here