support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

Runaway Radio Screenings
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming on Tubi!

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Farewell to a former KTRK anchor and colleague

I'm sure many of you have already heard of the passing of former KTRK anchor Cheryle Keck.

Cheryle was the morning anchor when I started working at the station in 2001. After I left the web department and moved into news, Cheryle was one of the first anchors I field produced for. She was always very helpful and nice to the new guy (me).

She was a popular anchor too. I remember all of the viewer questions that came our way when she left the station.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family. It's nice to know she doesn't have to suffer anymore.

The station's website has more info here as well as a message board to leave condolences. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here