support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, November 08, 2018

Why Ilona Carson is no longer on the 10pm news

Ilona Carson has left the abc13 KTRK 10pm news


After five years, Ilona Carson has left the abc13 KTRK 10pm newscast.

UPDATE JUNE 2021
Ilona Carson leaves abc13 KTRK news department
   
And now you might be saying, "McGuff, this happened back in September, why are you telling us this now you way behind hack!?"

Well, lately I've been getting viewer emails and tips that Carson had departed "13 Eyewitness News at 10PM" and just found out the longtime anchor had posted about it in early September!

Celebrating my last late night with the fabulous 10pm team! I’ve been on the late shift for 5 years and I’m so excited to be making a small change. I’ll be headed home in time for homework, dessert and story time! You’ll still see me at 4 and 6:30pm, and on our fun new 3pm show starting Monday as well. In the meantime, keep tuning in to my newsroom BFFs ABC13-Gina Gaston and ABC13-Erik Barajas at 10pm every night!

I checked the date of her post, September 5th, and recall my sorry state at the time. That was the week I was high on cold medicine and not really checking the internet.

Last week, I tuned in on Halloween I believe and saw Carson which confused me. Well, she was just filling in.

So there you go, sorry for missing this, but I'm sure Carson's family is happy to have her home in the evening.




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here