support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Fmr. Houston reporter returns to report from tragic high school shooting

Former KPRC 2 reporter Jennifer Bauer reports from scene of horrible Florida high school shooting


First of all, my thoughts and prayers go to the victims and all those affected by the terrible Florida high school shootings Wednesday.

When will these school shootings end?

That tragic event brought people to this blog who were looking up information on a former Houston reporter who was live near the scene in Parkland, Florida.

KPRC 2 had immediate reports, because the NBC affiliate's former reporter, Jennifer Bauer, happens to live near the area as the anchors explained on air. The station had their former reporter perform live reports for the evening newscasts.

RELATED
How Jennifer Bauer's photographer learned he knew a Parkland shooting victim

"When the shooting happened, my old boss at KPRC called to see if I could help them out and report for a few days," Bauer told mikemcguff.com. "I was happy to, but wish it were under different circumstances."

When asked on Twitter how she had a KPRC mic flag, Bauer responded that a KPRC sports crew was in Florida covering the Houston Astros training camp and let her use their's.

"I haven’t stepped in front of a live camera since I left KPRC in June," Bauer told me. "I am working part time for a company that produces corporate videos, so occasionally I get in front of the camera to record pieces for them. I’ve been enjoying time at home with my two kids and getting to know my new community of Parkland."

Bauer and her husband, former KPRC creative services director Mike Guerrieri, left Houston for Miami last summer.

Guerrieri landed a gig at NBC 6 WTVJ as Vice President of Creative Services for the station.

Bauer joined channel 2 as a reporter in 2010 from Jacksonville as a reporter at KPRC's sister station WJXT.

"I appreciate all the Facebook messages and posts from the Houston viewers I can almost feel the Texas-sized hugs and support from here. #PrayersForParkland," Bauer added.


*updated with info on mic flag and Bauer quotes



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here