support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Ron Trevino marks 35 years at KHOU 11


KHOU 11 anchor Ron Trevino has been doing a bunch of #TBT's this month as he celebrates 35 years at KHOU 11! Here is part of something Trevino posted on mikemcguff.com on his 30 year anniversary:

I was 23 years old when I was hired. I was still in college, so some of the interns in the news department were actually older than me! Now, I work with people who weren't even born when I got hired.

People are amazed when I tell them about the old days…working WITHOUT computers and all the fancy animated graphics. We had electric typewriters back then, which was a huge upgrade for me, because I worked with manual typewriters down in Corpus Christi.

I started out as a producer here, and some of the anchors I worked with included names like, Mitch Duncan, Steve Smith, Sylvan Rodriguez, Chip Moody, Amanda Arnold and Clare Casademont…any of those names jog the memory banks? READ THE REST





CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here