AUDIO: While I'm away from blogging and posting Houston media news on my Facebook page, go listen to an interview I did on Black Coffee Radio about Houston TV and the Rock 101 KLOL Documentary!

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Michelle Merhar to leave FOX 26

Michelle Merhar to leave FOX 26 KRIV to become a stay at home mom

Michelle Merhar

Six years ago, I blogged that 740 KTRH reporter Michelle Merhar was moving to the traffic screen at FOX 26 KRIV. This week, we learn that Merhar is leaving the business to become a stay at home mom as she posted on Facebook:

Today marks the beginning of a bittersweet week for me. Thursday the 22nd will be my last day at FOX. My heart is so heavy and sad to not start my day (in person) with incredible friends, co-workers and viewers AKA our "FOX Family". The last 7 years have flown by -- full of fond memories, a lot of learning and very early hours. From now on, I will be a stay-at-home Mom! I am really looking forward to having more time with our family, but sad to not be a part of our morning news anymore. Just wanted to thank y'all for being so supportive over the last few years and for welcoming me into your home everyday.

From traffic anchor Merhar later added morning anchor duties in 2014.

ANOTHER HOUSTON TV ANCHOR LEAVES THIS WEEK UPDATE
Lily Jang signs off from KHOU 11



RELATED
- Samica Knight and Michelle Merhar deliver babies
- FOX 26's Michelle Merhar announces baby #3
- Michelle Merhar delivers baby boy
- Michelle Merhar due in July with baby boy
- Michelle Merhar, Fox 26 KRIV, delivers baby girl



16 comments:

  1. Good for her, but boy will she be missed. Unlike the Traffic Troll at KPRC, Michelle always brought class and professionalism to the set each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owen Smokesplenty12/31/2016 02:26:00 PM

      Why is everyone always so down on Reyna? She's not *that* bad. Just because she's way out of your league, single, and totally not interested in you doesn't make her a bad reporter.

      Delete
    2. Boo, it's called makeup, fake hair and surgery. I base intelligence on the ability to know this.

      Delete
  2. Hate to see her go. She's by far the best traffic reporter on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She will be missed as i can't stand our Traffic Troll at KPRC too.

    First change in a bit of a staff change.

    I keep seeing Greg Hurst with KHOU out a bit these last few weeks. Comes in maybe one day or two and rest is gone. Makes me wonder if Rehka and Len might be the ones to come full time soon.

    But have to say for Traffic I follow Darby now. But wish Michelle all the best as she was better than a couple others in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you say "OUR Traffic Troll at KPRC," does that mean you work with her personally? #justcurious If so, details...

      Delete
    2. Well, she's been around the town a few cycles, so I think she is everybody's girl. Just sayin'.

      Delete
    3. Cant forget about her Miss Rockwear days when KLOL was still around. The pics are still up when she won.

      Delete
    4. You know she still denies being Miss Rockwear.

      Delete
  4. Good for her staying with her family full-time.

    She'll be deeply missed at Fox 26!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She was great, not as great as Jennifer but great nonetheless. I'll miss her.

    Also have you gotten word Lily Jang is gone from KHOU? Her social media has dropped everything KHOU related on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reyna is horrible, is as unliked at her office as Dom Suchsya, and she can't read.

      Delete
  6. Lily Jang was going to be gone when her contract was up by way they talked back when all the anchor changes were made in September so it must have come in the last few days. Since her report a couple of days ago anyways on those strange things people have travelled with. Plus her FB page was KHOU only a few days ago so must have come there right after that story.

    I really liked her and hope she finds something somewhere if staying in the Industry.


    Great for Michelle wanting to spend time with Family and her children. Really liked her over the Reyna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who's going to replace Michelle as the Traffic anchor at Fox 26 ?

    Next month: they're likely going to need to update the news anchor opens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they update the opens when they launch the new set.

      Delete
  8. She will be greatly missed I hope Rashi Vats fills in for Merhar.

    I think I might upload some Michelle Merhar clips on YouTube that I've collected over the years as a tribute.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.