support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, June 10, 2016

Where is Pablo Alsina? Where was KHOU 11 sports?

Were KHOU 11 sportscasts sent to the showers early for a few days?


I just got back from a vacation in Galveston and you wouldn't have known it (unless you looked at my instagram) because I was still blogging.

And while I was away, the KHOU 11 sports department apparently went on a vacation.

According to channel 11 viewer email to me, there were a couple of days when there was no sportscast during the TEGNA station's newscasts.

Puzzled viewers also took to Facebook to ask the station what was going on.



Multiple sources have told me that main sports anchor Pablo Alsina is no longer with KHOU 11. I asked Alsina Thursday evening via Twitter Direct Message if he still worked at the station and did not hear back. However he did take to Twitter to say he is on vacation.


I emailed two KHOU representatives Wednesday to find out what happened to the missing sportscasts and never heard back from them either. Turns out one is away from the station.

Twitter also reveals why one sports staff member was not around to do the news. Sports reporter Daniel Gotera is on vacation.


No news on the whereabouts of weekend sports anchor Matt Musil during the MIA sportscasts, but he was on the Thursday 6pm news delivering news about the sports world.

Stay tuned.


CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here