Friday, June 12, 2015

Elita Loresca joins KTRK abc13 after LA's KNBC 4

Elita Loresca joins abc13 KTRK as meteorologist after KNBC 4 Los Angeles

UPDATE AUGUST 06, 2015
Elita Loresca joins TBS' "America’s Next Weatherman"

Elita Loresca
Elita Loresca

Watch out Chita and KHOU, KTRK abc13 is also importing a California meteorologist that will soon be causing a heat wave across Houston TV screens and she's got the readers of FHM magazine to prove it.

Former KNBC 4 Los Angeles morning meteorologist Elita Loresca is heading to Houston next week as channel 13's weekend morning meteorologist. And it's probably good that Loresca is moving to an ABC owned station where the Today show isn't on the air.

Consider her an unofficial West Coast/Gulf Coast swap for former KPRC meteorologist Anthony Yanez who left for KNBC earlier this year.

Working in television market #2 for so many years as she did, Loresca certainly got a lot of attention. For example, in 2012, LA Weekly named her one of LA's 5 hottest weather 'girls.'

But it was while working for Miami's WSVN when Loresca got even a bigger honor when readers of FHM magazine voted her "America's Sexiest Newscaster" in the magazine's October 2006 issue.

She talked about the honor with the La Verne Online:

elita loresca fhm photo: fhm pic 08 Picture-8.jpg
For Loresca, it was good, wholesome, healthy fun, which also had to be a ratings bonanza for her station.
“I tell you what,” Loresca said. “I call that an opportunity. Not very many people can say they were voted America’s sexiest newscaster. What bothers me are people who like to form opinions based on the pictures, or who state the only reason I am where I am is ‘blah, blah, blah.’

“For me, it was just kind of a bonus and a reflection of how hard I’d worked in my career and how I’d taken care of myself, not just from a health and fitness standpoint, but emotionally and spiritually. I was in a good place in my life where I could show that off. It was a great opportunity.”

Loresca generated fan mail across the United States, as well as Europe. “When the issue first came out, I got a lot of European fan mail asking me for signed autographs,” she said. READ MORE

In another LA Weekly article from 2008, Loresca also talked about the FHM award:

She characterizes the FHM thing as an “interesting” experience, on the whole beneficial, since it was done in a “tasteful” manner agreed upon by her parents and the station. These days, though, you’re more likely to see her in a little black blazer on KNBC rather than a rain-soaked negligee — she says she’s dressing both weather- and age-appropriate (she is 31). “It gives people an indication of what it’s like outside,” Loresca says. “‘Oh, she’s wearing a turtleneck, it must be cold.’” READ THE REST

But she isn't only about looks. According to her bio, while at WSVN Miami, Loresca covered hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Wilma from the National Hurricane Center. In fact on her first day at the station, she began forecasting the 2004 hurricane season with Hurricane Frances. Necessary experience for a Houston meteorologist.

Before Miami, Loresca was the morning and noon meteorologist at KGPE Fresno, California and the noon meteorologist/assignment editor for KGET Bakersfield, California. She is a graduate of Cal State Fullerton and earned the Certificate of Broadcast Meteorology at Mississippi State University.

While born in the Philippines, Loresca moved to Southern California at 10 months old growing up in both Los Angeles and Chino, CA.

From what I understand, current weekend morning and evening meteorologist David Tillman will now focus on weekend evenings only with Loresca's arrival.




63 comments:

  1. At least Elita Loresca keeps her natural hair color and doesn't hoard all of the Clorox at HEB like Chita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, that's not this chick's natural hair color. She wears tons of makeup and her boobs are probably fake then she complains that people say she has what she has because of it. If you want to be seen for your talent, go out in the world showing how you really look.

      Delete
    2. You are another hater. I watched Ms. Loresca for many years here in LA, and she was great. She is an upstanding, graceful, and very knowledgeable meteorologist. The KNBC station has replaced their entire morning crew with a bunch of blonde toothpicks--no diversity at all. Very sad.

      Delete
    3. Pete-Perez-Donnelly1/10/2016 09:56:00 AM

      Elita is Filipina like my wife.I wonder if she can speak Tagalog and cook Lumpia?*

      Delete
    4. Read a 10 Questions thing where she mentioned she speaks Tagalog.

      Delete
  2. My mouth is WATERING looking at her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why? Are you looking at her face, or her boobs and hair? This is an honest question. I'm convinced that most people don't look at faces, or just take a quick glance, when they should really stare and study.

      Delete
    2. I just look at the face so I don't get them mixed-up.

      Delete
    3. Fact is that Chita will be getting competition, which is good!

      Delete
    4. So, do you realize they look totally different when they wake up in the morning? Can you tell when they have had surgery? Can you tell they spend a lot of time on their hair? Do you think they have to be naturally gorgeous, if they look good in makeup? Do you understand that makeup and hair can make someone gorgeous? Look at Jenner. I'm just wondering how other people think, because I don't believe everything I see, but most others, seem to!

      Delete
    5. Shut up Steve -- all your comments are stupid. Get a life.

      Delete
    6. SHUT THE FUCK UP ANONYMOUS.

      You need to get a life because you keep bitching, bitching & bitching!

      Delete
    7. You mean Chita and Lindsey Day.

      Am I the only one who thinks Lindsey Day is hot?

      Delete
    8. You're not the only one! Lindsey is really beautiful. She's got great eyes.

      Delete
  3. Does this mean that Travis Herzog will be leaving KTRK at the end of this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt it. They love him there.

      Delete
    2. I Don't Know Will Find Out

      Delete
  4. Wowzers. My pressure is definitely high.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guarantee the weekend morning gig is only temporary. Bet she takes over weekday mornings within a few months or arriving. Could give them the ratings boost they're in need of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just wondering if when that new gorgeous guy was hired over at 13, if you talked about him causing a heat wave? It just seems very sexist and shows all the matters when you are a woman is how you " appear" to look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. check the comments there definitely were those type left.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I wrote one of them, because I got sick of all the comments about the women. We ONLY have one gorgeous guy, because makeup, hair, plastic surgery, does not help men that much. It helps a little.

      Delete
    3. To Anonymous 6/12/2015 02:29:00 PM,

      I have written exactly the same thing about men:

      KHOU's Brooks Garner named TV Guide's '10 Sexiest Weathermen on Earth'
      KHOU 11's Brooks Garner is causing a heat wave on KHOU 11 as one of TV Guide's '10 Sexiest Weathermen on Earth'
      http://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2015/02/khous-brooks-garner-tv-guides-10-Sexiest-Weathermen-on-Earth.html

      Wanna be sexy like Houston TV news anchors? - VIDEO
      In it, I have a dream where my head is superimposed on KHOU 11 anchor Greg Hurst's body. Consider that visual my goal. I mean, come one, Hurst is like a male model!
      http://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2014/11/mike-mcguff-snap-kitchen-21daysforgood.html

      It's pretty obvious you don't read this blog because these were all recent examples. If you want to troll me for something, you could at least say I used the "heat wave" thing on both Brook's and Loresca's posts which is equal to lazy writing. I just noticed that now by the way.

      Delete
    4. Um, I do read the blog, but don't remember every damn thing you have said. This is why I asked you!!!! You need to work on your severe insecurity, if something this small upsets you so much. Using the word " troll " is not only very lazy, but is used when someone does not agree with what is being said. It comes across as very unprofessional and immature.

      Delete
    5. You are a troll and a coward for commenting as anonymous. Case closed. Use your real name if you want respect.

      Delete
    6. Hahaaa tell em

      Delete
  7. sounds like Casey might be out of a job soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will likely be. She's already getting into her 40's, she's already a Mom. I think she'll quit just to take care of those kids.

      Delete
    2. Elita also has kids, troll. Hers are 4 yrs and 9 mos. Now go back to your cave.

      Delete
  8. Tillman was working 530-7 8-10am 6&10-11pm..he has done that since 2011...since abc13 has the most and longest telecast, tgey needed some new talent...doesn't hurt that she is good looking...

    Casey curry had nothing to worry about, unless 13 plans on making her a " weather anchor in the field" like they did Sherrod Melton who finally quit...

    A bunch of jealousy is about to rear it's ugly head at 13 since there isn't any eye candy over there except Kathleen whaley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey curry is eye candy to me. Plus they also got Rebecca Speria.

      Delete
    2. Am I the only one who thinks Casey Curry is super hot?

      Delete
    3. Definitely hot. In a milf kind of way

      Delete
    4. Very hot. And all natural.

      Delete
  9. Gross...WTH are they thinking?....that pic of her looks disgusting, trashy and totally downgrades her in my opinion. Thank God I don't watch 13 news on week-end mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim Kardashian does weather?

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's a Filipina, and there's a large Filipino population in Houston. So she'll fit right in the city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since my wife is Filipina, she'll be happy to hear about this!

      I agree with you she'll fit right in Houston very quick!

      Delete
    2. That's cool, I'm Filipino myself. My gf is Mexican though.

      Delete
  12. Wait, she's married. So while she may be hot, I bet she won't be too much of a talk of the town like Chita and Jennifer are. I think a big factor into Chita & Jennifer's appeal is cause they're aren't married.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chita is basically married, she posts pics with her BF on twitter all the time.

      Delete
    2. "Taken" you mean. Married means you've gone past the engagement and wedding. Besides, she still has a lot of male fans that don't seem to mind that.

      Delete
    3. True. However when Chita gets engaged, expect to see Jennifer and Lindsey to get a lot of her horndog male viewers.

      Delete
    4. Reyna and Chita are the most overrated and unattractive single women on local TV. You guys need lasik, or higher standards, IMHO.

      Delete
    5. The person above needs a Snickers, cause you aren't you when you're hungry.

      Delete
    6. Chita is engaged.

      Delete
  13. Some people seem to think that Lindsey Day is mixed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks mixed!

      Delete
  14. And here I thought it was just about being able to deliver the weather forecast in a professional, respectable way. Silly me. It's about who has the biggest boobs. Of Course.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Casey Curry is most likely to leave KTRK 13 due to Elita Loresca's arrival from KNBC

    ReplyDelete
  16. McGuff, is Elita's debut starting tomorrow morning ?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Elita's debut was today, So Casey Curry is certainly to leave KTRK 13 and most likely to move her to weekdays, Just like they did to Samica Knight in 2014

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anon: big question is how long before we see Tom Abrahams leave because we've seen Gina Gaston, Eric Barajas & Illona Carson doing the 10:00pm newscasts!

    IF Casey does leave, where do you see her going? Fox 26, CBS 11 or NBC 2?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's going to likely be off TV forever.

      Delete
    2. The Ch. 13 weekday morning newscasts is changing very fast:
      1.) Sharron Melton gets unceremoniously taken off the weekday mornings & made "field anchor", before she left Ch. 13 for good.

      2.) Don Nelson retires after 39 years with the station.

      3.) With the likelihood of Casey leaving Ch. 13, who's the next to leave the weekday mornings?

      Delete
  19. So the LA thing explains her references to 'the 10' or 'the 45'. Very annoying. I haven't warmed up to her or Natasha. I have to decide if I love Chauncy more than I dislike Elita when it comes to my Sat/Sun morning news. If it weren't for Chauncy and John Fenoglio, I'd watch a different channel,

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm taking it you're not a fan of Natasha Barrett in Ch. 13's weekend evening newscasts!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am not liking this new weather woman....

    ReplyDelete
  22. NBC in L.A. is the dumbest news station in the free world. They did Elita wrong. She is not only beautiful, but kindhearted, and very professional. At one time, they had her doing both the weather and the traffic, and she was smooth as silk. We will miss you out here in L.A. Elita.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a former channel 13 stalwart, however the indecisive corporate dictates and that unfortunate individual
    melanie(who would be better suited as a Sunday school teacher) drove me to the lesser fools. Fortunately as I was scrolling for the most current weather updates I noticed the new addition, Elita. She's obviously a very attractive woman however her energy and demeanor is fresh and non-jaded. On behalf of a genuine son of the South...I welcome you to our great State and wish you and your young family a safe, healthy, prosperous and exciting new memory making chapter in your lives. Channel 13 finally appears to be modifying their newsteam for the better. Please send melanie back to the minor-leagues.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So many from CA moving to Texas.
    They hate Texas & Texans
    I'm giving up on 13.

    ReplyDelete
  25. All I can say about her is,

    BOING!

    ReplyDelete