KXLN UNIVISION 45 RATINGS LEADER IN HOUSTON AHEAD OF LOCAL ABC, CBS, NBC AND FOX STATIONS FOR 5P & 10P LOCAL NEWS AMONG ADULTS 18-49
LOCAL NEWS RATINGS HIGHLIGHTS
• Anchored by Michelle Galván and Osvaldo Corral, “Noticias 45 a las 5” weekdays at 5 p.m. delivered a first place finish, averaging 56,000 (1.9 rating) Adult 18-49 viewers, 44% higher than the No. 2 station, KTRK-ABC.
• In the late news race, “Noticias 45 Edición Nocturna” weekdays at 10 p.m. with Michelle Galván and Raul Peimbert also ranked No. 1, averaging 122,000 (4.2 rating) Adult 18-49 viewers, ahead of local KPRC-NBC, KTRK-ABC, KHOU-CBS, KRIV-FOX and KIAH-CW affiliates in Houston.*
ADDITIONAL KXLN UNIVISION 45 HIGHLIGHTS
• Even up against the Winter Olympics, more Adult 18-49 Houstonians watched KXLN Univision 45’s primetime programming than all other broadcast stations, including the major English-language network affiliates: KPRC-NBC, KRIV-FOX, KTRK-ABC, and KHOU-CBS, averaging 107,000 (3.7 rating) viewers.
• KXLN’s total day averaged 48,000 viewers Adults 18-49, 17% more than No. 2 KPRC-NBC.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NSI, February14 (01/30/14-02/26/14) sweep. Live+Same Day. Primetime based on KXLN, KTRK, KHOU, KPRC M-Sat 7:00p.m.-10:00p.m./Sun 6:00p.m.-10:00p.m. and KRIV, KIAH M-Sat 7:00p.m.-9:00p.m./Sun 6:00p.m.- 9:00p.m.; Early evening local news based on KXLN, KPRC, KRTK, KHOU M-F 5:00p.m-5:30p.m.; KRIV, KIAH, M-F 5:00p.m.- 6:00p.m.; Late local news based on KXLN, KPRC, KTRK, KHOU M-F 10:00p.m.-10:30p.m.; KRIV, KIAH, M-F 9:00p.m.- 10:00p.m.; total day based on M-Sun 6:00a.m.-2:00a.m, all stations.
* Late news delivery excludes KPRC late newscast airing 10:30p.m-11:00p.m due to the Olympics. Exclusion began from 02/07/14-02/20/14.
- KPRC 2 declares big wins in February 2014 sweeps
- Fox 26 KRIV & My20 KTXH February 2014 sweeps highlights
(This post is from a release sent to me by Univision Houston)