- Dave Ward apologizes for abc13 KTRK newscast
- WFAA highlights 70s show 'People' & the disco tribute
- BBC presenter does live broadcast clutching stack of paper instead of iPad
- TV Station Celebrates ‘International Talk Like a Pirate Day’
- Miami Meteorologist Jumps Out of Plane to Find Saharan Dust
- WJW Finds Raccoon Frolicking Outside Newsroom
- Behind the Scene Look at Weather Broadcasting at Fox 26
Local TV reporter arrested at Hamel park, charged with obscenity
Former abc13 KTRK reporter, and current KTBS 3 reporter/anchor Eric James, also known as Eric Cox, was arrested Friday afternoon.
- Local TV Personality Arrested on Obscenity Charges
- KTRK 13 Houston reporter Eric James carjacked/kidnapped
2013 Lone Star EMMY nominees list
Texas TV honored in Lone Star EMMY Nominations for 2013.
Alex Wehrley joining Eye Opener on KDAF-TV
Former Miss Wisconsin USA, Alex Wehrley, has been named co-host of “Eye Opener."
- Holly Morgan leaves Tribune's Eye Opener
Belo Corp. (BLC) Shareholders Approve Merger with Gannett
Television company Belo Corp. (NYSE: BLC) held a special meeting of shareholders at which shareholders voted in favor of the proposal to approve and adopt the merger agreement with Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), along with two other related proposals.
KXAS Dallas Launches JFK Tribute App
The NBC O&O has released an app for the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, that includes extensive archives and rare archived footage from 1963.
The Dallas Morning News, looking for critics to boost its arts coverage, turns to local professors
The Dallas Morning News has been without a full-time staff art critic since 2006, so when it was announced last week that a professor from the University of Texas system had been hired to fill that position, people were excited.
Fox 26 morning anchor bids farewell
Friends and colleagues had a few drinks and laughed together as they bid farewell to Fox 26 morning anchor Natalie Bomke at the Dogwood in Houston’s Midtown area.
- Natalie Bomke to WFLD Chicago from Fox 26 KRIV
CSN Houston bankruptcy filing surprises Astros
Affiliates of Comcast/NBC Universal filed an involuntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy petition Friday in Houston against Comcast SportsNet Houston, the struggling regional sports network owned by Comcast/NBC Universal, the Rockets and Astros.
- CSN Houston faces ‘total gridlock;’ Comcast/NBC wants bankruptcy trustee to oversee troubled network
- New low for Astros: 0.0 TV rating
- Astros Lost In Local TV Ratings To Out-Of-Market WNBA Game
A case of mistaken identity
Looks like Chicago mega media blogger Robert Feder made a mistake a couple of weeks ago concerning KHOU's Sherry Williams.
2013 NAB Marconi Radio Award Winners Announced
Houston stations are winners of the 2013 National Association of Broadcasters Marconi Radio Awards.
KCOH radio personality Michael Harris off the air after accusing boss of fraud
Longtime radio personality Michael Harris has removed himself from the airwaves indefinitely after accusing his boss of financial fraud at KCOH, according to a KHOU 11 report.
- Activists rally outside KCOH after owner is accused of financial fraud
October Houstonia to Celebrate the City’s Top 50 Restaurants
Editorial director Scott Vogel proudly announced the release of Houstonia’s October issue, a mammoth salute to a dining scene that’s captured the imagination of food lovers all over the country. The magazine’s cover story, “America’s Coolest Food City”—written by Houstonia staffers Robb Walsh and Katharine Shilcutt, and featuring gorgeous photography by Shannon O’Hara and Ralph Smith—promises to take readers on a 16-page culinary journey the likes of which we haven’t seen before.
KILT back on top, but overall slump continues
Even the return of Texans exhibition games wasn’t enough to pull Houston sports radio listeners out of their relative funk during August.
Houston radio DJ hands kids the mic at Texas Children’s
One of Houston’s hottest DJ’s is pulling off double duty at Texas Children’s Hospital.
KSAT GM retires
Rick Gevers reports that KSAT San Antonio news director Jim Boyle is retiring.
Ex-KSAT anchor to debut show on S.A. TV
A former S.A. TV news heartthrob, first at KENS, then at KSAT, is returning to local television with a new TV program that caters to baby boomers.
KVUE family welcomes two baby boys
Friday the KVUE family got bigger - twice.
Gray Eyes Austin As Next Hotspot Test Market
Gray Television’s GrayMax Hotspot system is getting attention from other broadcasters and tests could start in Austin as early next year.
What makes the Texas Tribune’s event business so successful?
The Austin-based news nonprofit is on track to generate a record $1.2 million in revenue from its events this year, including The Texas Tribune Festival. What’s the formula?
KAGS-London Broadcasting Company receive high honors
KAGS-London Broadcasting Company has been recognized as outstanding employers in the Brazos Valley.
Renpenning returns to news; KFOX hires new traffic reporter
Heidi Renpenning, who just a few months ago announced she would be leaving the news desk at Channel 26-KINT for a job as a sales rep for the station's advertising section, will now be the main anchor for one of Univision's largest markets.
John Rupolo Joins KZTV-KRIS in Corpus Christi
John Rupolo has joined KZTV-KRIS, the CBS and NBC affiliates in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Boston Celtics Hire Amarillo Reporter
Emily Austen is not only moving across country, she’s also moving from local television to the NBA.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Houston Chronicle hires Nancy Barnes as new editor
- Ex-AP & Chron editor Kit Frieden joins Androvett Houston
- Jane Slater & Mark Elfenbein off 105.3 The Fan KRLD's “Elf & Slater”
- Houston man making money with Internet radio
- Mary Lee to KING 5 Seattle after KPRC 2
- Kyle Montgomery lands at Fox Sports' Prime Ticket hosting "Clippers Live" post KPRC
- Jenny Anchondo named new Fox 4 KDFW anchor
- KPRC 2 launches new set for 2013
- KTRK abc13's Miya Shay & Gene Wu deliver baby
- The New 93Q KKBQ wins Marconi Award Station of the Year
- LIVESTRONG Foundation communications VP Katherine McLane talks PR secrets
- Foti Kallergis, marketing expert & former KVUE anchor, joins abc13 as reporter
- Keith Monahan in a fight and arrested? Uh, not so fast...
- KIAH 39 GM Roger Bare takes over KDAF 33 Dallas too
- PR pro offers advice for journalists entering public relations