- Brian Williams Raps Young MC's Bust a Move with words cut from his newscast
- Meteorologist Reports on Hailstorm, Finds Out On Air it Damaged His Car
- TV Reporter Just Misses ‘Full Moon’ Shot Behind Him
- In case you ever wondered what a newspaper reporter goes through
- CBS 11 KTVT starts new 11am newscast today
- Discover Houston - Trailer
Kidd Kraddick public memorial set for August 15 on AT&T Plaza outside AAC, featuring a Ben Folds performance
A public memorial for Kidd Kraddick, billed as a “Tribute to Kidd,” will take place August 15 on the AT&T Plaza in front of the American Airlines Center. It will begin at 5:30 p.m.
- Dale Hansen compares Kidd Kraddick's death to 9/11 in bizarre interview with radio show crew
Catching up with a cavalcade of changes in D-FW television news
Lots of changes in the last few weeks in Dallas-Fort Worth.
Cumulus, owner of The Ticket, to run ESPN Radio in Dallas; exec delivers 'tough' news to KESN staff
The self-proclaimed Worldwide Leader, announced it was turning over day-to-day operations of its Bristol-owned radio station KESN, better known as ESPN-FM (103.3), to Cumulus Media, owner of rival The Ticket KTCK-AM (1310), the perennial local sports talk ratings champion.
CBS clearly has upper hand in stalemate with Time Warner
CBS can afford to play a waiting game. Time Warner cannot -- particularly in the Dallas-Fort Worth viewing area.
Former KXAS Anchor Snyder Caught Up in Sun Scandal
NY Times wrote about Mike Snyder, longtime Dallas anchor, a debate stemming from a glare on a Dallas museum, and some online comments from a fake person…that happened to be Mike Snyder.
Longtime columnist, radio show host Randy Galloway retiring from broadcasting
Randy Galloway, the longtime radio talk show host with the telling Texas twang that spouts hot sports opinions, is retiring from KESN-FM (103.3) at the end of the year.
Dallas paper and “The Ticket” on same mobile page
In Dallas the local paper is turning to the experts in talk radio — broadcasters.
KILT summer slump continues in latest Arbitrons
For the first time since December 2010, KILT (610 AM) does not rank first among Houston’s five all-sports radio stations in any of the three major daytime dayparts as measured by Arbitron in its July ratings book.
‘Sportsmouth’ Warner resigns from KILT
Longtime Houston radio sportscaster Barry Warner said he has resigned from CBS Radio’s KILT (610 AM), bringing to an end, for now, a radio career that began in the 1950s.
- Barry Warner laments the rise of douchebag sports talk radio, questions journalism training of 610 AM hosts
- Fred and Ted show to fill KILT late-night hole
Lance Zierlein and Adam Clanton talk
Lance Zierlein and Adam Clanton of 790 KBME's The Proper Gentlemen face Houston Media Watch.
- Lance Zierlein and Adam Clanton to replace Adam Wexler and Matt Jackson on 790 KBME
Shelby Hodge's cancer fight
A cancer bump in the road for CultureMap's Shelby Hodge means M.D. Anderson is her new best friend
Dave Ward signs extension; hopes for 50 years at KTRK
Dave Ward, KTRK's seemingly eternal anchor, is one contract extension away from setting the stage for his goal of working 50 years at Channel 13.
Style Setter: Dana Tyson
Dana Tyson: A well-dressed radio personality? No, really.
HOUSTON MEDIA BABY WATCH
- Casey Curry is pregnant
- KHOU 11's Jeremy Desel gets baby #4
- KPRC's Amy Davis & Joel Eisenbaum expecting a baby girl
San Antonio’s KSMG-FM names afternoon host
Jenny Lee has been tapped to join KSMG as the afternoon host.
In July, KVUE, KXAN rank No. 1 for local news
If KVUE and KXAN are your go-to choices for local TV news, you're in good company.
Did KVIA go to far in reporting KTSM anchor's arrest?
Channel 7-KVIA was oozing with "mea culpas" the other night, apologizing profusely for what some viewers obviously perceived as overly aggressive, sensational journalism.
- KVIA Raises Questions Over Coverage of Rival Anchor’s Arrest for Domestic Violence
KTRK abc13 10pm news producer Waliya Lari instagrams she is leaving the station.
WTVD Durham, North Carolina producer Meredith Harvie joins sister station KTRK.
Bobby Rigg is back in Houston at his old job at KHOU where he’s once again Sr. Writer Producer in promotions.
CBS 11 Says Farewell To One Of Its Own
KTVT says goodbye to longtime employee Tom Finn.
R.I.P.: Paul Gibson PD At KDCD San Angelo, TX
San Angelo, TX on-air radio personality Paul “Gibson” Peterson died after suffering a stroke Sunday.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Shel Winkley replaces Bob French at KBTX 3
- Bill Barajas joins KSAT from KRGV
- Aereo to bring local Houston & Dallas TV to your mobile device
- Why was KTRK abc13's 10pm newscast late?
- Houston PR Day Conference
- KTRK abc13 has technical difficulties during Houston #Texans vs Minnesota Vikings game; will re-air it