- Meteorologist Chita Johnson braves the hurricane simulator
- Classic Houston TV newscast clips from the 70s to 90s
- KHOU 11's Lisa Hernandez engaged thanks to the Goo Goo Dolls?
Kidd Kraddick Team Returns to Airwaves
Monday morning was emotional for the cast of Kidd Kraddick in the Morning, as they returned to the airwaves without their namesake.
- Kraddick's crew talks about the show without Kidd
- Kraddick, Kiss, And The Resurgence Of Top 40
Meteorologist Ashton Altieri Joins WFAA
Meteorologist Ashton Altieri is joining WFAA, the ABC affiliate in Dallas-Fort Worth.
- WFAA’s Pierce Allman and his Oswald encounter
Univision Shuffles Dallas Signals
In response to CBS shifting 107.5 KMVK from Spanish CHR to Regional Mexican, Univision has countered by shuffling programming on a few of its Dallas market stations.
102.9 NOW (KDMX-FM)'s lineup for its 2nd annual Texas Tango
102.9 NOW’s Texas Tango will feature One Republic as the headliner, and will include a strong bill of pop artists including Sara Bareilles, a very special acoustic performance from Johnny Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls, Plain White T’s, and David Cook on September 21, 2013 at Verizon Theater in Grand Prairie. For information or ticket purchase please visit 1029now.com.
Ratings for Houston-Galveston TX
July 2013 Portable People Meter (Updated: 08-05-13)
Lone Star Awards 2013
The Houston Press Club quietly hands out its Lone Star Awards 2013.
Do not adjust your sets: Popular TV anchor admits on Facebook to having a face lift
The UK's Daily Mail links to mikemcguff.com.
- KPRC 2's Bill Balleza talks about facelift
40 years ago, the world lost the famed Chicken Ranch
It was 40 years ago that the infamous Chicken Ranch in La Grange was shuttered. The brothel, also the subject of ZZ Top’s La Grange, was an open secret in Texas for some time.
Houston Media Watch.Com surpasses the one million hit plateau
The HMW blog is only a couple months shy of the three-and-a-half year-old threshold and the staff is pleased with HMW's development and growth over the first three years.
- SportsRadio 610 says we want Hispanics
Houston, Dr. Phil Returns to KPRC Channel 2
After a four-year hiatus, the Dr. Phil show will return to KPRC Channel 2′s fall line-up. KPRC vice president and general manager Jerry Martin along with Dr. Phil McGraw announced the rekindled relationship during a VIP meet and greet at the Houston station.
- Will Dr. Phil return to Houston TV after 2011?
Giving Back In Our Community With Local Reporter and Anchor
KPRC 2's Keith Garvin started a charity called The Portion Foundation which is donating backpacks and supplies for 600 needy students in a section of HISD where 100% of the kids are listed as disadvantaged.
Twitter's a valuable tool for Austin's TV stations
Connecting with your favorite Austin newscasters has never been easier.
New radio station 96.3 RnB hits Austin's airwaves
A new radio station, RnB 96.3, signed on the air in Austin, delivering round-the-clock R&B tunes.
KTSM anchor Adrienne Alvarez arrested on suspicion of domestic violence
Television news anchor Adrienne Alvarez was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence, officials said.
More ‘Fun’ in Amarillo
Tejas Broadcasting has flipped classic country “Legends 99.7” KBZD, Amarillo, TX to “Fun 99.7” returning the hot AC format to the market.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Houston and TX TV & radio job moves while I was away...there are lots of them
- News 92 FM and Yahoo Sports Radio 1560 team up
- Houston-based syndicated radio host Chris X gets local weeknight show
- Bill Balleza back from summer break on KPRC 2; Dominique Sachse now gone
- Lance Zierlein and Adam Clanton to replace Adam Wexler and Matt Jackson on 790 KBME
- Christine Haas returns to Texas at Fox 7 KTBC
- KPRC's Camille Williams Hepola & KHOU's Jeff McShan head to Harris County District Attorney's Office
- Texas Radio Hall of Fame nominations 2013
- Idolina Peralez replaces Mary Lee at KPRC 2
- 790 KMBE adds Jay Mohr, Lance Zierlein & Adam Clanton mornings and more
- Minerva Perez's 'Latina Voices: Smart Talk' hits 100 episodes